We need men to serve as Big Brothers. There are currently 200 boys waiting up to two years for a Big Brother. Call 505-837-9223 ext. 13 for more information or visit http://www.bbbs-cnm.org.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central New Mexico serves 1,400 children annually in high quality mentoring relationships with a caring adult. Not one of these matches that change the course of a child’s life would have been possible without the support of our community volunteers and donors. You are at the heart of the Big Brothers Big Sisters family here in New Mexico.
We hear from adults who were in the program, who tell their stories through tears, and relate how their lives would have turned out so differently if not for the support of their Big Brother or Sister. In fact, a study conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters finds:
- 28% of alumni received a 4-year college degree.
- 46% of alumni have household incomes of $75K or higher.
- A majority of alumni are extremely or very satisfied with their relationships to friends (72%), family (65%) and spouses (62%).
- Approximately two in three (64%) alumni are extremely or very satisfied with life.
- A majority of alumni (62%) perceive themselves to have achieved a higher level of success than their peers who were not involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- 52% of adult Littles have been engaged in their community over the last 12 months and 29% hold a leadership role in an organization working on an issue.
What if every child was put on the right path today? What if every child in New Mexico graduated high school, went to college, and gave back to his or her community? What could that start? You already started something Big. Because every time you donate time or money to help children reach their potential, you start something. Start Something Big!